Papers using the IHDS public data:
For media outlet opinion pieces written by IHDS team members, click here.
For newspaper articles referencing IHDS, click here.
Articles by IHDS Users:
Rahman, Mohammad Mahbubur. “Three Essays in Economics.” Accessed on October 4, 2019. Thesis submitted to McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario. Link.
Goli, Srinivas, A. Bheemeshwar Reddy, K.S. James, and Venkatesh Srinivasan. “Economic Independence and Social Security among India’s Elderly.” Economic and Political Weekly, 54(39), 28 September 2019, Accessed on October 3, 2019. Link.
Rajagopalan, Shruti and Alexander Tabarrok. “Premature Imitation and India’s Flailing State.” The Independent Review, 24(2): 165–186, Accessed on October 3, 2019. Link.
Gradín, Carlos and Binbin Wu. “Income and Consumption Inequality in China: A Comparative Approach with India.” WIDER Working Paper 2019/54, Accessed on September 27, 2019. Link.
Menon, Seetha. “The Effect of Marital Endowments on Domestic Violence in India.” Journal of Development Economics, 143(2020), 102389, Accessed on September 27, 2019. Link.
Curran, Patrick, Christian Siderius and Tanya Singh. “Cities, Climate Change and Chronic Heat Exposure.” Policy Brief, The London School of Economics and Political Science, Accessed on September 25, 2019. Link.
Jayachandran, Seema. “Social Norms as a Barrier to Women’s Employment in Developing Countries.” Working Paper, Accessed on September 25, 2019. Link.
Allendorf, Keera. “Another Gendered Demographic Dividend? Adjusting to a Future without Sons.” DOI: 10.31235/osf.io/8x9qg, Accessed on September 23, 2019. Link (Download)
Choudhary Akanksha, Ashish Singh “Do Indian Daughters Shadow Their Mothers?” International Journal of Social Economics, 46(9): 1095–1118, Accessed on September 23, 2019 Link.
Zeeshan, Geetilaxmi Mohapatra and Arun Kumar Giri. “Livelihood Diversification into NFEs and Poverty Alleviation among Farm Households in Rural India.” Small Enterprises Development Management and Extension Journal, 46(3): 171–178, Accessed on September 23, 2019. Link.
Kulkarni, Veena S., Vani S. Kulkarni, and Raghav Gaiha. “Employment, Aging and Disease in India.” University of Pennsylvania Population Center Working Paper (PSC/PARC), 2019-29. Accessed on September 23, 2019. Link.Kumar, Tanu “How welfare can generate civic action: evidence from affordable housing in Mumbai” Accessed on 17 September 2019 Link
Singh Prashant Kumar, Lucky Singh, Ritam Dubey, Shalini Singh, Ravi Mehrotra “Socioeconomic determinants of chronic health diseases among older Indian adults: a nationally representative cross-sectional multilevel study” Accessed on 12 September 2019 Link
Chatterjee, Sayantani, Basant K. Panda , Sanjay K. Mohanty “Estimation, Decomposition and Convergence of Human Development Index and Gender Development Index in the States of India” Accessed on September 12, 2019 Link
Gaiha, Raghav,Farhana Haque Rahman “Is There Discrimination Against Women in Healthcare in India?” Accessed on September 9, 2019 Link
Gaiha, Raghav, Veena S. Kulkarni, Vani S. Kulkarni “Trust in Hospitals-Evidence from India” Accessed on September 6, 2019 Link
Kumar Deepak, Bhanu Pratap, Archana Aggarwal “Affirmative Action in Government Jobs in India: Did the Job Reservation Policy Benefit Disadvantaged Groups?” Accessed on September 6, 2019 Link
Devaraj, Srikant, Pankaj C Patel “The association between participation in Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Program (NREGA) and smoking in India” Accessed on August 30, 2019 Link
LoPalo, Melissa Christine “Essays on the Determinants of Worker Productivity and Labor Market Outcomes” Accessed on August 21, 2019 Link
Ladusingh, Laishram,Wahengbam Bigyananda Meitei “Transition Specific Risk Factors Affecting the Lifestyle Disease Progression from Diabetes to Hypertension in India” Accessed on August 21, 2019 Link
Agarwal, Smisha, Sian L. Curtis, Gustavo Angeles, Ilene S. Speizer, Kavita Singh, James C. Thomas “The impact of India’s accredited social health activist (ASHA) program on the utilization of maternity services: a nationally representative longitudinal modelling study” Accessed on August 21, 2019 Link
Coffey, Diane, Ashwini Deshpande, Jeffrey Hammer, and Dean Spears. “Local Social Inequality, Economic Inequality, and Disparities in Child Height in India.” Demography, 56(4): 1427–1452. Accessed on 12 August 2019. Link.
Choudhury, Pradeep Kumar. “Parental Choice for Schools in the Changing Context of the State and Market in India,” in Suresh Babu G.S. (ed.). Education and the Public Sphere: Exploring the Structures of Mediation in Post-Colonial India.” London: Routledge, Accessed on 12 August 2019. Link.
Li, Hao, Daniel L. Millimet, and Punarjit Roychowdhury. “Measuring Economic Mobility in India Using Noisy Data: A Partial Identification Approach.” IZA DP No. 12505, Discussion Paper Series, Bonn: IZA Institute of Labor Economics, Accessed on 12 August 2019. Link.
Khosla, Radhika, Neelanjan Sircar, and Ankit Bhardwaj. “Energy Demand Transitions and Climate Mitigation in Low-Income Urban Households in India.” Environmental Research Letters, July 2019, DOI: 10.1088/1748-9326/ab3760, Accessed on 8 August 2019. Link.
Sangwan, Navjot. “Essays in Development Economics in Reference to the Indian Credit Sector.” Accessed on 7 August 2019. PhD Thesis, Durham, UK: Durham University. Link.
Mishra, Sumit and Andaleeb Rahman. “Does Non-farm Income Affect Food Security? Evidence from India.” The Journal of Development Studies, July 2019, DOI: 10.1080/00220388.2019.1640871, Accessed on 26 July 2019. Link.
Chakrabarti, Ankita. “Understanding Female Autonomy in India through Their Family Headship Status.” Journal of Population and Social Studies, 27(3): 266–285, Accessed on 26 July 2019. Link.
Banerjee, Kajori, Srei Chanda, and Laxmi Kant Dwivedi. “Temporal Decomposition of Life Years Lived with Disability in India: A Growing Demographic Concern.” BMC Public Health, 19, Article No. 966(2019), Accessed on 25 July 2019. Link.
Agarwal, Smisha, Sian Curtis, Gusavo Angeles, Ilene Speize, Kavita Singh, and James Thomas. “Are Community Health Workers Effective in Retaining Women in the Maternity Care Continuum? Evidence from India.” BMJ Global Health, 4(4): e001557, Accessed on 26 July 2019. Link.
Gaiha, Raghav, Veena S. Kulkarni, and Vani S. Kulkarni. “Has Disability Risen among the Elderly in India?” Economic and Political Weekly, 54(29): 83–91, Accessed on 16 July 2019. Link.
Rana, Kanika and Brinda Viswanathan. “Household Choice of Financial Borrowing and Its Source: Multinomial Probit Model with Selection.” Working Paper 181/2019, Chennai: Madras School of Economics, Accessed on 15 July 2019.Link.
Kumar, Tanu “The Intergenerational Effects of Subsidizing Homeownership: Evidence from a Program in Mumbai.” Working Paper, Accessed on 15 July 2019. Link.
Choudhary, R., A.P. Neto-Bradley, and A.B. Bazaz. “Tailoring Residential Energy Provision Strategies in Fast-growing Cities Using Targeted Data Collection,.” in International Conference on Smart Infrastructure and Construction 2019: Driving Data-informed Decision-making, ICE Publishing, Accessed on 10 July 2019. Link.
Chiplunkar, Gaurav and Jeffrey Weaver. “Prevalence and Evolution of Dowry in India”. Accessed on July 08, 2019. Link.
Zeeshana, Geetilaxmi Mohapatrab and Arun Kumar Giric. “The Effects of Non-farm Enterprises on Farm Households’ Income and Consumption Expenditure in Rural India”. Accessed on July 08, 2019. Link. [Automatic download]
Deshpande, Ashwini and Apoorva Gupta. “Nakusha? Son Preference, ‘Unwanted’ Girls and Gender Gaps in Education”. Accessed on June 27, 2019. Link. [Automatic download]
Azam, Mehtabul “Accounting for Growing Urban–Rural Welfare Gaps in India”.Accessed on June 27, 2019.Link.
Li, Haibin and Wei-Jun Jean Yeung. “Educational Resilience among Asian Children in a Challenging Family Environment”. Accessed on June 27, 2019. Link.
Naveen, Sundar. “Essay on K-12 Education in Developing Countries—Causes, Consequences and Impediments”. Accessed on June 27, 2019. Link.
Cerina, Roberto and Raymond Duch. “Forecasting the Lok Sabha: Can Non-Representative Surveys Add Value?” Working Paper,Accessed on June 24, 2019. Link.
Vikram, Kriti and Reeve Vanneman. 2019. “Maternal Education and the Multidimensionality of Child Health Outcomes in India.” Accessed on May 25, 2019. Link.
Borooah, Vani Kant. 2019. “Caste, Gender, and Occupational Outcomes.” Accessed on May 24, 2019. Link.
Borooah, Vani Kant. 2019. “Job Contracts.” Accessed on May 24, 2019. Link.
Soni, Apurv. “Trends, Predictors, and Consequences of Child Undernutrition in India.” Accessed on May 21, 2019. Link.
Batabyal, Amitrajeet A. 2019. “Disease, Human Health, and Regional Growth and Development in Asia.” Accessed on May 16, 2019. Link.
Mishra, Sunil Kumar and Ashima Gupta. 2019. “Understanding Deprivation and Well-being of Households with Children.” Accessed on May 13, 2019. Link.
Maji, Poushali. 2019. “Access to Modern Energy, Air Pollution and Greenhouse Gas Mitigation: Inter-linking Three Major Energy Challenges Facing India Today.” Accessed on May 8, 2019. Link.
Karnik, Harshada. 2019. “Does Bank Account Ownership Enhance the Resiliency of Low-income Households against Health Shocks?” Accessed on May 7, 2019. Link.
Dang, Archana, Pushkar Maitra, and Nidhiya Menon. 2019. Ch. 3 "The Geography of Excess Weight in Urban India: regional Patterns and Labour Market and Dietary Correlates." in Disease, Human Health, and Regional Growth and Development in Asia." Amitrajeet A. Batabyal, Yoshiro Higano and Peter Nijkamp (Eds.) Springer Nature Singapore Pte. Ltd. Accessed 5/25/19. Link.
Dewan, Sabina and Divya Prakash. 2019. “The Evolving Discourse on Job Quality From Normative Frameworks to Measurement Indicators: The Indian Example.” Accessed on April 26, 2019. Link
Chatterjee,Esha,Sonalde Desai, and Reeve Vanneman. 2018. “Indian paradox: Rising education, declining women’s employment.” Volume 38, Article 31, Accessed on April 26, 2018. Link
Deshpande, Ashwini and Rajesh Ramachandran. 2019. “The 10% Quota, Is Caste Still an Indicator of Backwardness?” Accessed on April 26, 2019. Link
Shaffer, P., R. Kanbur, and R. Sandbrook. 2018. “Immiserizing Growth: When Growth Fails the Poor.” Accessed on April 24, 2019.Link
Goswami, Arti Grover, Denis Medvedev, and Ellen Olafsen. 2019. “High-Growth Firms: Facts, Fiction, and Policy Options for Emerging Economies.” Accessed on April 24, 2019. Link
Coffey, D. and D. Spears. 2019. “Child height in India: New data, familiar challenges”, Accessed on February 11, 2019. Link
Miller-Tait, Evan J., Sandeep Mohapatra, M.K. (Marty) Luckert, and Brent M. Swallow. 2019. “Processing technologies for undervalued grains in rural India: on target to help the poor?”, Accessed on February 5, 2019. Link
Mukhopadhyay, Abhiroop and David Garcés Urzainqui. 2018. “The dynamics of spatial and local inequalities in India.” Accessed on April 26, 2019. Link
Luke, Nancy, Kaivan Munshi, Anu Mary Oommen, and Swapnil Singh. 2019. “Economic Development, the Nutrition Trap and Cardiometabolic Disease.” Accessed on January 14, 2019. Link
Jaikumar, S., Dutta, S., Sreekumar, A., & Viswanathan, M. (2018). “Impact of Entrepreneurship on Objective and Subjective Economic Markets: A Longitudinal Study from India.” Working Paper Series, WPS No 812/August 2018. Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Accessed on September 25, 2018 from link.
Asher, S., Novosad, P., & Rafkin, C. (2018). “Intergenerational Mobility in India: Estimates from New Methods and Administrative Data.” Accessed on September 25, 2018 from link.
Balakrishnan, U. (2018). The Little Push: Role of Incentives in Determining Household Behaviour in India. (Doctor of Philosophy Thesis 2018), University of Maryland, accessed on September 19, 2018. Link.
Choudhary, A., & Singh, A. (2018). Effect of intergenerational educational mobility on health of Indian women. PLoS One, 13(9), e0203633. Accessed on September 11, 2018. Link.
Bharati, S., Pal, M., & Bharati, P. (2018). “An Overview of Growth and Malnutrition among 5–18-Year Children in India.” Paper presented at the Advances in Growth Curve and Structural Equation Modelling, Singapore. Accessed on September 8, 2018. Link.
Castilla, C. (2018). “Political Role Models and Child Marriage in India.” Review of Development Economics, 0(0). doi:10.1111/rode.12513. Accessed on September 4, 2018. Link.
Motiram, S. (2018). “Inequality of Opportunity in India: Concepts, Measurement and Empirics.” Indian Journal of Human Development, 12(2), 236-247. doi: 10.1177/0973703018792646. Accessed on September 1, 2018. Link.
Vani, B. P., & Madheswaran, S. (2018). “Inequalities of Human Opportunities in India: A State-level Analysis.” Indian Journal of Human Development, 12(2), 248-264. doi: 10.1177/0973703018791385. Accessed on September 1, 2018. Link.
Shaikh, M., M. Miraldo, and A-T Renner. (2018). Waiting time at health facilities and social class: Evidence from the Indian caste system. PLoS One, 13(10), e0205641. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0205641. Accessed on October 20, 2018. Link.
Swaminathan, H., A. Sharma, and N.G. Shah. (2018). Does the relationship between income and child health differ across income groups? Evidence from India. Economic Modelling. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.econmod.2018.10.001. Accessed on October 20, 2018. Link.
Mitra Kumar, S., and R. Venkatachalam. (2018). Caste and Credit: A Woeful Tale? The Journal of Development Studies, 1-18. doi:10.1080/00220388.2018.1425397. Accessed on October 15, 2018. Link.
Baker, K. K., W. T. Story, E. Walser-Kuntz, and M.B. Zimmerman. (2018). Impact of social capital, harassment of women and girls, and water and sanitation access on premature birth and low infant birth weight in India. PLoS One, 13(10), e0205345. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0205345. Accessed on October 13, 2018. Link.
Vernekar, N., and K. Singhal. (2018). Married Women’s Education Levels and Agency Outside the Home: Evidence from Rural India. In N.R. Bhanumurthy, K. Shanmugan, S. Nerlekar, & S. Hegade (eds.), Advances in Finance & Applied Economics (pp. 161-173). Singapore: Springer Singapore. Accessed on October 1, 2018. Link.
C. Shekhar, S.D., M. Singh, S. Naresh, and J. Gouda. (2018). “Fertility preferences in India.” In J.C. Stuart Gietel-Basten and Minja Kim Choe (ed.), Family Demography in Asia: A Comparative Analysis of Fertility Preferences. Edward Elgar Publishing. Accessed on November 27, 2018. Link.
Desai, S. (2018). “Do Public Works Programs Increase Women’s Economic Empowerment?: Evidence from Rural India." Accessed on November 27, 2018 from link.
Dasgupta, I., and S. Pal. (2018). “Touch Thee Not: Group Conflict, Caste Power, and Untouchability in Rural India.” Accessed on November 24, 2018. Link.
Merfeld, J.D., and J. Saha. Job Market Paper. Accessed on November 20, 2018 from link. (2018). “Insuring Girls’ Lives against Drought.”
Agrawal, T., and A. Krishna. (2018). “Food subsidy – PDS, cash, or both?” Ideas for India. Accessed on November 20, 2018. Link.
Lin, Z., and F. Chen. (2018). “Gender Differences in the Health Implications of Spousal Loss in India: Evidence from a Longitudinal Survey.” Innovation in Aging, 2(suppl_1): 659–659. doi:10.1093/geroni/igy023.2458. Accessed on November 17, 2018. Link.
Roy, P., and A. Choudhury. (2018). “Analysis of Variation in BMI - A Region Wise Analysis.” Journal of Assam Science Society, 57(1 & 2): 56–66. Accessed on November 8, 2018. Link.
Barboni, G., E. Field, R. Pande, N. Rigol, S. Schaner, and C.T. Moore. (2018). A Tough Call: Understanding barriers to and impacts of women’s mobile phone adoption in India: Harvard Kennedy School. Accessed on November 6, 2018. Link.
Hossain, F., and R.N. Ahsan. (2018). “When It Rains, It Pours: Estimating the Spatial Spillover Effect of Rainfall.” Accessed on November 3, 2018 from link.
357. Yadav, J. (2017). Urban-Rural Disparities in Awareness of HIV/AIDS and Correct Knowledge of HIV/AIDS Prevention Methods among Reproductive Age Women (15-49 Years) in India. Demography India (2016), Special Issue (2017), 98-109. Accessed on January 6, 2018. Link.
356. Asher, S., P. Novosad, P., and C. Rafkin. (2018, January, 2018). Partial Identification of Expectations with Interval Data. Retrieved January 5, 2018 from link.
355. Haenssgen, M. J. (2018). The struggle for digital inclusion: Phones, healthcare, and marginalisation in rural India. World Development, 104, 358-374. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.worlddev.2017.12.023. Accessed on January 5, 2018
354. Mohanty, S., and A. Kastor. (2018). Occupational class and chronic diseases in India. In M. Hyde, H. S. Chungkham & L. Ladusingh (Eds.), Work and Health in India, (pp. 133-152). Great Britain: Policy Press, University of Bristol. Accessed on January 5, 2018. Link.
353. Haenssgen, M. J. (2018). The struggle for digital inclusion: Phones, healthcare, and marginalisation in rural India. World Development, 104, 358-374. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.worlddev.2017.12.023. Accessed on January 2, 2018.
352. Kaul, T. (2018). Intra-household allocation of educational expenses: Gender discrimination and investing in the future. World Development, 104, 336-343. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.worlddev.2017.12.017. Accessed on January 2, 2018.
351. Khera, R. (2017). Impact of Aadhaar on Welfare Programmes. ECONOMIC AND POLITICAL WEEKLY, 52(50), 61-70. Accessed on December 26, 2017. Link.
350. Mishra, S., and A. Rahman. (2017). Does non-farm income affect food security? Evidence from India. Working Paper. Working Paper. Retrieved on December 16, 2017 from link.
349. Ranganathan, T. (2017). Antibiotic Treatments for Short-term Morbidity in India. Economic & Political Weekly, 52(47), 77-80. Accessed on December 5, 2017. Link.
348. Lamichhane, P., A. Sharma, and A. Mahal. (2017). Impact of cleaner fuel use and improved stoves on acute respiratory infections: evidence from India. International Health, 1-18. doi: 10.1093/inthealth/ihx041. Accessed on December 5, 2017. Link.
347. Ranganathan, T., and G. Pandey. (2017). Tenancy and fallow land. World Development Perspectives, 7–8, 28-31. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wdp.2017.11.002. Accessed on December 5, 2017.
346. Agarwal, N. (2017). To Work or Not To Work? Male Earnings and Female Labor Force Participation in India. Job Market Paper. University of California, Riverside. Retrieved on November 25, 2017 from Link.
345. Jacob, J. F. (2017). Human Capital and Higher Education: Rate of Returns across Disciplines. Paper presented at the IARIW-ICIER Conference on "Experiences and Challenges in Measuring Income, Inequality, and Poverty in South Asia", New Delhi. Conference Paper retrieved on November 21, 2017 fromLink.
344. Gradín, C. (2017). Explaining cross-state earnings inequality differentials in India: A RIF decomposition approach, Paper presented at the IARIW-ICIER Conference on "Experiences and Challenges in Measuring Income, Inequality, and Poverty in South Asia", New Delhi. Conference Paper retrieved on November 21, 2017 from Link
343. Kjelsrud, A., and R. Somanathan. (2017). Food security and child malnutrition in India, ref. no. F-35125-INC-1. Final Report - International Growth Centre. Accessed on November 14, 2017. Link.
342. Dang, A., P. Maitra, and N. Menon. (2017). Labor Market Engagement and the Health of Working Adults: Evidence from India. IZA Discussion Paper Series. Discussion Paper Series. IZA – Institute of Labor Economics. Retrieved on November 14, 2017 from Link.
341. Reddy, U. S., and J. Yadav. (2016). Socioeconomic Disparities in Hospitalization Rate and Treatment Seeking Behavior of Major Morbidity in India (Evidence from a nationally representative panel survey). Demography India (2016), 45(1 & 2), 143-152. Accessed on November 14, 2017. Link.
340. Ladusingh, L., and M. Thangjam. (2017). Gender Differential in Occupation and Income among the Elderly in India. Ageing International. doi: 10.1007/s12126-017-9307-5. Accessed on November 11, 2017. Link.
339. Gupta, A., and D. Spears. (2017). Health externalities of India's expansion of coal plants: Evidence from a national panel of 40,000 households. Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, 86(Supplement C), 262-276. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jeem.2017.04.007. Accessed on November 7, 2017. Link.
338. Kastor, A., and K.P. Shrestha, K. P. (2017). Reassessing the gender differences in type and place of health care utilisation in India: does the gender gap no longer exist? Journal of Public Health. doi: 10.1007/s10389-017-0862-8. Accessed on November 7, 2017. Link.
337. Thampi, A., and I. Anand. (2017). Income Inequality and Polarization in India: The Role of Caste Retrieved November 4, 2017, from Link.
336. Kumar, P., and U. Ram. (2017). Patterns, factors associated and morbidity burden of asthma in India. PLoS One, 12(10), e0185938. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0185938. Accessed on November 2, 2017. Link.
335. Dubey, A., and A. Verschoor. (2017). Income Mobility and Poverty Dynamics across Social Groups in Rural India, 1993–2005. In S. Bathla & A. Dubey (Eds.), Changing Contours of Indian Agriculture: Investment, Income and Non-farm Employment (pp. 149-161). Springer Singapore. Accessed on November 2, 2017. Link.
334. Biswas, A., S. Singh, and R. Singh. (2017). Linkages between hypertension and coronary heart disease in India: Evidence from India human development survey-2 (2011-2012). Indian Journal of Community Medicine, 42(4), 200-203. doi: 10.4103/ijcm.IJCM_168_16. Accessed on October 31, 2017. Link.
333. Sebastian, N. (2017). Changes in Work Patterns of Rural Women in the Context of Structural Transformation in India. In S. Bathla & A. Dubey (Eds.), Changing Contours of Indian Agriculture: Investment, Income and Non-farm Employment (pp. 223-242). Springer Singapore. Accessed on October 31, 2017. Link.
332. Pillarisetti, A., D.T. Jamison, and K.R. Smith. (2017). Household Energy Interventions and Health and Finances in Haryana, India: An Extended Cost-Effectiveness Analysis. In C. N. Mock, R. Nugent, O. Kobusingye & K. R. Smith (Eds.), Injury Prevention and Environmental Health (Disease Control Priorities: Third Edition, Vol. 7, Chap. 12, pp. 223-237). Washington, DC. Accessed on October 31, 2017. Link.
331. Ranganathan, T., A. Tripathi, and G. Pandey. (2017). Income Mobility among Social Groups. Economic & Political Weekly, 52(41), 73-76. Accessed on October 31, 2017. Link.
330. Agrawal, T., and S. Desai. (2017). The Impact of Women’s Earnings on Household Income Inequality in India. Paper presented at the ͚2017 Annual Meeting of PAA, Chicago. Preliminary Draft retrieved on October 31, 2017 from Link.
329. Rajeev, M., and Bhattacharjee, M. (2017). Augmenting Small Farmers’ Income Through Rural Non-farm Sector in India: Role of Information and Institutions. In V. Xaxa, D. Saha & R. Singha (Eds.), Work, Institutions and Sustainable Livelihood: Issues and Challenges of Transformation (pp. 73-99). Springer Singapore. Link.
328. Sarkar, S., A.K. Sahoo, and S. Klasen. (2017). Employment transitions of women in India: A panel analysis. Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers, No. 239. Retrieved on October 24, 2017 from Link.
327. Sohail, A., P. Shonali, and C. Felix. (2017). Synergies and trade-offs between energy-efficient urbanization and health. Environmental Research Letters, 12 (11). Accessed on October 17, 2017. Link.
326. Nidhi, G., and N. Jagdish. (2017). Impact of Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) on Rural Female Workforce Participation. Asian Journal of Research in Social Sciences and Humanities, 7(10), 431-448. doi: 10.5958/2249-7315.2017.00516.0. Accessed on October 17, 20017. Link.
325. Deshpande, A. (2017). The Dividend of Diversity for India's Corporate Sector. In A. Mishra & T. Ray (Eds.), Markets, Governance, and Institutions in the Process of Economic Development (pp. 324-342): OXFORD University Press. Accessed on November 6, 2017. Link.
324. Gupta, A., and N. Sudharsanan. (2017). Social inequality and longevity in India. Paper presented at the PAA 2017 Annual Meeting, Chicago. Accessed online on October 14, 2017. Link.
323. Lucia, C., Nicole, H., and Alessandra, V. (2017). Child Marriage, Weather Shocks, and the Direction of Marriage Payments. Accessed on October 11, 2017. Link
274. Diwakar, D. G. (2017). Life on Streets: Health and Living Conditions of Children in Delhi. In S. S. Acharya, S. Sen, M. Punia & S. Reddy (Eds.), Marginalization in Globalizing Delhi: Issues of Land, Livelihoods and Health (pp. 349-368). New Delhi: Springer India.
249. Sinha, R. (2016). Intergenerational Occupational Mobility and Labor Productivity. Retrieved from SSRN: Link.
207. Patra, S., P. Arokiasamy, and S. Goli. (2016). Relevance of health knowledge in reporting maternal health complications and use of maternal health care in India. Health care for women international, 37(5), 531-549.
198. Childers, T. B., & K. Chiou. (2016). Socioeconomic Status, Religion and Health in India: an Examination of Chronic and Communicable Diseases. The Review of Black Political Economy, 43(2), 149-164
172. Gaiha, R., R. Jha, and V.S. Kulkarni. (2015). Child undernutrition in India in Diets, Malnutrition, and Disease: The Indian Experience. Australia, Australia/Oceania: Oxford University Press. Link.
168. Azam, M. (2015). Intergenerational Educational Persistence among Daughters: Evidence from India. The BE Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, 16(4).
142. Panda, S. (2015). Political connections and elite capture in a poverty alleviation programme in India. The Journal of Development Studies, 51(1), 50-65.
136. Dahiya, S., and B. Viswanathan. (2015). Women’s Malnutrition in India: The Role of Economic and Social Status. Margin: The Journal of Applied Economic Research, 9(3), 306-332.
127. Agrawal, T. (2014). Gender and caste-based wage discrimination in India: some recent evidence. Journal for Labour Market Research, 47(4), 329-340.
Link. doi: 10.5547/019565126.96.36.199.
114. Kumar, S., R. Molitor, and S. Vollmer. (2014). Children of drought: Rainfall shocks and early child health in rural India. Retrieved from SSRN Link
University of Pennsylvania.
Link.. (2014). Politics off the grid: political competition, regulatory control, and allocation of natural resources. Unpublished Manuscript. Working Paper. Brown University, University of Virginia. Retrieved from
111. Oldiges, C. (2014). Cereal Consumption Engel Curves and Income in India. In S. O. Wolf, P. Casaca, A. J. Flanagan & C. Rodrigues (Eds.), The Merits of Regional Cooperation: The Case of South Asia (pp. 95-116). Cham: Springer International Publishing.
110. Pandey, M. K. (2014). Demand and Targeting of Kisan Credit Card Scheme in India. MANTHAN: Journal of Commerce and Management, 1(1), 35-58. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.17492/manthan.v1i1.2432
Gouda, J., Chandra Das, K., Goli, S., and M. A. P.
Link.Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University. Retrieved from
57. Khamis, M., N. Prakash, and Z. Siddique. (2012). Consumption and social identity: Evidence from India. Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 83(3), 353-371. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jebo.2012.07.002
Laxenburg, Austria: IR-09-046. Link