Downloading IHDS I Data
IHDS public data files are available from ICPSR, the Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research, at ICPSR Study 22626. Data are free to all users. You do not have to be a member of ICPSR to download these IHDS data.
ICPSR asks that you login with your email id and a password. You can then download all data and documentation. There are five simple steps in this procedure:
1) Go to the ICPSR Study 22626 page.
2) Click on the "download data" tab near the top of the page
3) On the right side of the ICPSR login page ("New User") click on "Create Account"
4) A forms page will appear which asks you to provide these details:
- your email address
- create a password your name
- type of organization (education, government, etc.)
- type of department if applicable
- preferred download format (e.g., stata, ascii)
An example of a completed form is available as a .pdf file.
5) An email will then be sent to you to verify your request. The email will have a link to a web page url that you must access to confirm your account.
Once your account has been created you can go back to the IHDS / ICPSR Study 22626 page and download the data.