IHDS public data files are available from ICPSR, the Inter-university
Consortium for Political and Social Research, at
ICPSR Study 22626.
Data are free to all users.
You do not have to be a member of ICPSR to download these IHDS data.
ICPSR asks that you login with your
email id and a password. You can then download all data and documentation.
There are five simple steps in this procedure:
- Go to the
ICPSR Study 22626 page.
- Click on the "download data" tab near the top of the page
- On the right side of the ICPSR login page ("New User") click on "Create Account"
- A forms page will appear which asks you to provide these details:
An example of a completed form
is available as a .pdf file
- your email address
- create a password
- your name
- type of organization (education, government, etc.)
- type of department if applicable
- preferred download format (e.g., stata, ascii)
- An email will then be sent to you to verify your request. The email
will have a link to a web page url that you must access to confirm your
Once your account has been created you can go back to the
IHDS / ICPSR Study 22626 page
and download the data.
Let us know if there are problems.